As a character designer, you imagine and illustrate in 2D the characters and/or props for our animation, vfx or print projects. Sometimes you make them cartoonish, sometimes realistic. Minimalist or detailed. Often human, sometimes animal or alien... You make them striking, endearing or hateful, beautiful or ugly, but always unique.
- Design characters in a variety of animated styles, with a penchant for cartooning;
- Set up detailed reference materials, with material and color references;
- Interpret a color script;
- Enrich the artistic vision of the project;
- Execute corrections requested by supervisors and/or director with analytical skills;
- Work with the modeling department to ensure that designs translate into 3D;
- Organize work and prepare presentation elements for validations;
- Provide progress reports to supervisors and producers on an "as needed" basis.
WE'D LIKE TO MEET YOU IF YOU HAVE:
- Degree or practice in art, drawing;
- Degree in a 3D animation program (asset);
- Experience in character design;
- Experience in film, advertising, TV (asset);
- Experience in cartoon style projects (asset);
- Excellent artistic eye for anatomy, shapes and proportions;
- Knowledge of 3D animation techniques (asset);
- Knowledge of Shotgrid (asset);
- Comfortable with the Windows environment (asset).
YOUR WORK TOOLS:
ENVIRONMENT, VALUES AND WORKING CONDITIONS
We believe in a healthy work environment where commitment, mutual aid and direct communication between artists are valued. Whether you want to progress within your discipline or take on new challenges, you will find the right playground at SHED.
Work-life balance is a key concern for us as an employer, therefore we offer the flexibility of hybrid work and group health insurance.