As a 3D animator, you bring scenes from our advertising projects to life. You'll learn the storyline and narrative of a shot, then convey the emotion and spirit of the scene through the characters' gestures and facial expressions.
- Interpret storyboards;
- Work from 3D layout scenes;
- Create character acting and animate 3D objects;
- Exporting alembics for the lighting and simulations department;
- Maintain continuity of actions from shot to shot;
- Create layout scenes and animate the placement of characters, environments and cameras;
- Shoot or research animation references (as needed);
- Execute corrections requested by supervisors and/or director with analytical skills;
- Work closely with the rigging team;
- Be involved in decisions that would affect his/her department and proactively recommend continuous improvements to the pipeline;
- Execute corrections as requested by supervisors and/or the producer in an analytical manner;
- Organizes work and prepares presentation materials for approvals;
- Provide progress reports to supervisors and producers on an "as needed" basis.
WE'D LIKE TO MEET YOU IF YOU HAVE:
- Degree in a 3D animation program;
- Degree in a traditional 2D animation program (asset);
- Experience in film, advertising, television;
- Experience in character animation on 3D animation projects;
- Experience in cartoon style animation projects (asset);
- Very good knowledge of character animation principles;
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of performance, posing, timing, weight and lip sync;
- Knowledge of rigging (asset);
- Knowledge of Shotgrid (asset);
- Comfortable with the Windows environment (asset).
YOUR WORK TOOLS:
ENVIRONMENT, VALUES AND WORKING CONDITIONS
You are part of a small group of animation specialists. Depending on the project, you either take full responsibility for these tasks or share them with colleagues located around the world. You work with a group of 5 to 30 3D artists depending on the scale of the production.
We believe in a healthy work environment where commitment, mutual aid and direct communication between artists are valued. Whether you want to advance within your discipline or take on new challenges, you'll find the right playground at SHED.